Sunday 5 July 2015

June Highlights


June Highlights

June was a busy one with lots of food, family & friends (3 of my favourite things)!


Me & T had been meaning to visit The Midland Hotel, Manchester for afternoon tea for a while and after seeing the recent behind the scenes programme on Channel 5 we decided to book and were not disappointed. Highlights were the raspberry meringue and chocolate brownie. The fizzy vimto jelly was a bit of a let down and just tasted like jelly to be honest! The atmosphere, staff and presentation of the afternoon tea were lovely. At just under £20 each it was a lovely treat, but I have had better afternoon tea experiences for a lot less money.

My lovely friend Michelle invited me to join her to review Boogie Nights at The Lowry which was a lot of fun for a random Wednesday evening, check out Michelle's review here

We spent a leisurely few hours wandering round Northwich's artisan market and tasted THE best scones ever! Have you been to an artisan market recently? There are lots in the North West and we intend to visit a few more. Check out http://themarketco.co.uk/ for details of future artisan markets in the North West.

I joined the What's Good To Do review team in June and had the opportunity to review a lovely make-up pouch by Tillyanna (sold on Not On The High Street) and Brewers Fayre, Dalesway. Why not pop over and have a look at the reviews here of things to do in your local area http://www.whatsgoodtodo.com/

Other June highlights included Father's Day at TGI Fridays in Prestwich; celebrating my newphew's 9th birthday at Calico Jack's in Skipton & seeing the legend that is Kylie at Haydock Races with some lovely ladies.

I'm taking part in #mystylephotochallenge over on Instagram if you fancy following me there.

I hope you've enjoyed my first post & I look forward to seeing what fun July brings! Any feedback would be appreciated!

Ruthie x

8 comments:

  1. Thats a fab post Ruth! Some great ideas for things to do. I've always fancied the Afternoon tea at the Midland Hotel and I'm jealous that you got to see Kylie. I will have to follow you on Instagram. Good luck with your blog, its a gud un. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Sharon! I would have thought you'd have already been to The Midland Hotel knowing how much you love afternoon tea! Kylie was awesome!! x x

      Delete
  2. Yay! Well done on your first post Ruth....loads to take in - you've been a busy bee during June! Looking forward to your July adventures xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support Avril! June certainly was a busy one & it looks like the rest of summer is going to be too. xx

      Delete
  3. If I lived closer I'd be doing some of the things you've suggested! Sounds like the blog will be ace for visitors and locals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Ruth! Well done for taking the plunge!!! Look forward to reading more. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete