Thursday 1 October 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Thanks to Emma over at 2point4travel for tagging me in 'Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award' post. It's one of those posts where we can all be a little bit nosy and find out interesting (or not as my case maybe) facts about each other.

I was unsure whether to take part as I was a little apprehensive about opening up but actually really enjoyed doing it and I've met lots of new lovely bloggers along the way that I wouldn't have been aware of if I hadn't been tagged.


Check out Emma's blog post here - I had to question when she would be starting her Christmas shopping as I already have a cupboard full of Christmas presents ready to send to Santa!

Here are the rules:
  • Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog
  • Answer the 10 questions given to you
  • Nominate seven bloggers for the award
  • Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer
  • Display the award on your blog or post
Emma's questions
Here are my answers to Emma's questions:


1) What's the last thing you bought online?
Clothes from H&M for my 15YO step-daughter including this gorgeous gilet that I may need to borrow

2) Where's the furthest place you've travelled?
New Zealand and Thailand both with my Grandma who will celebrate her 80th birthday this year



3) Marmite love it or hate it?
Like it but never buy it as no one else likes it in the house and I only very occasionally fancy it

4) What one piece of advice would you tell your 18 year old self?
Your sister is going to be your best friend forever; try not to piss her off



5) Is there any food you couldn't even eat to be polite at a dinner party?
I love food but I would prefer to avoid tripe!

6) Have you booked your next holiday? If so where are you going?
Just booked a villa in Tenerife in February half term; bring on the sunshine & cocktails

7) What has been your most popular blog post?



8) What's your favourite TV programme?
Anything with Ant & Dec in it! 
We have been watching a lot of Netflix recently and I'm loving Suits

9) Do you have any pets?
Wilson


10) What's your favourite app on your phone?
Spotify

So now my turn to ask the questions!

1) What would you love to find under the Christmas tree this year?
2) What's your favourite way to relax?
3) If you had to chose one, would it be wine or chocolate?
4) Have you ever won a competition, if so what did you win?
5) How long have you been blogging?
6) What has been your favourite memory of 2015 so far?
7) Do you have a favourite beauty brand?
8) Who's the last person you phoned?
9) Do you make new years resolutions? If so what was last years and have you achieved it?
10)What did you want to do when you left school and what did you actually end up doing?

And I nominate (if you have time and want to take part!) 
1) Sharon from Sunshine and Celandines 
2) Fiona from Avenue 57 
3) Lynne from Dorothy Camper
4) Sue from Susie So So
5) Avril from School Gate Style 
6) Lisa from Thirtysomething Belle
7) Lisa from Mummascribbles

Ruthie x





11 comments:

  1. Oh this is great! I need to find some time to fill in!!
    Love your advice to your 18 yr self!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers - and your questions!! Thank you very much for joining in, am really pleased you did :) And how adorable is Wilson?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me, I enjoyed doing it & have met some lovely new bloggers because of it xx

      Delete
  3. Ooohhh fab! Thanks so much for the nomination! I'll post as soon as I can! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your answers Lynne! xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for tagging me Ruth. Love your photos especially the one of you and Lillian on the elephant. You should get it framed for her! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really struggling to think of a birthday present for her actually, have you got any ideas? I might get this framed, thanks for the suggestion xx

      Delete
  5. Sorry, I am so late to this and thank you for the tag. Like you, I'm always apprehensive about doing these things but only because I don't think I have anything interesting to say which anyone would want to read about. However, I do love your advice about your sister. I think I probably p'd off my sister a lot when I was younger - she was 13 years older than me and now ... she's one of my bessies. Love her to bits and can't imagine what the last few years would have been like without her support. A lovely post Ruthie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm personally a big fan of reviewsbyruthie blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete